Establishing a project
Research - Grants for your successful projects (non-ARC and NHMRC projects)
Notification of the award form must be approved by the school administrator.
- Use this information to complete the research master entry and enter the award amount, which is key to university reporting.
- Research - Grants will issue the documents required to commence research contract negotiations.
If you need moral permission, visit Deakin Research - Integrity and submit an application.
Establish and negotiate research contracts or agreements
Read and review the funding agency's research contract or agreement. Whether the contract or agreement:
- Are all parties and obligations correctly listed?
- Accurately outline the project?
- Accurately reflect agreed milestones and deliverables?
- Meet your expectations in terms of intellectual property and publication ownership?
It is important that researchers inform the Bifair 365 login research Grant Centre of their views on the intention or oral agreement to enter into discussions with funding agencies or other participants so that these discussions are accurately expressed in any agreement.
Research - Funding will:
- Check the contract as per any instructions
- To protect your rights and the university's
- Submit the contract and any instructions to the University solicitor for comment
- If the prize is more than $500,000, initiate the correct university process
- Provide feedback on the contract and highlight possible issues or controversial terms for your consideration and comment
- Seek further advice on the acceptance of contracts deemed "controversial".
Check the progress of contract negotiations
It takes time to properly check and review contracts and specifications. Contracts requiring multi-party agreements often experience significant delays due to the number of parties involved and the need to seek legal advice.
The speed of implementation of a contract depends on a number of factors, including the responsiveness of the parties involved.
Research Grants will endeavour to inform the Principal investigator of the progress of any contract negotiations. If you want to know the progress of the negotiation, please contact us Senior Grants Officer But be realistic about your progress expectations.
Establish an account code
Research - Grants will require a financial account code & Once the contract is executed, the business service. The account code will be notified by email to the principal investigator.
Transferring a project
Transfer TO Deakin
Transfer FROM Deakin
Moving awards is complicated and time-consuming. All parties to an agreement, including the funding body, must agree to transfer to occur. The parties must negotiate and enforce the new agreement before the account code can be established and work can resume.
Delays are often encountered because large numbers of researchers often seek to transfer their prize money during the busiest periods of the research office, I.e. Every year from January to April.